Royalty Relations FAQ

Royalty Relations FAQ

EXCO Royalty Relations

Q: How do I contact EXCO and their Affiliates?

12377 Merit Drive, Suite 1700
Dallas, TX 75251
Royalty Relations Hotline Number: (888) 788-9449
FAX Number: (214) 210-6973
Email Address:

Q: How do I change my address?

It is very important that you keep us informed of an address change even if you receive your funds electronically.  Your correct address on file will allow you to receive future mailings and 1099 tax information timely.  All requests for address changes must be received in writing at the above address, faxed or emailed and should include:

  • Your Name
  • Owner/Payee Number
  • Old Address
  • New Address
  • Daytime Phone Number
  • Your signature
  • Last 4 Digits of SSN

You may also complete the attached Form.

Q: Can I set up Direct Deposit for my checks?

EXCO Resources, Inc. is offering an electronic funds transfer (EFT) option for its interest owners. This service is provided for your convenience and is at no cost to you. EFT payments are only available for accounts within the United States. If you elect to receive electronic payments, you will no longer receive your payment detail by mail.  However, you can access the detail on-line.

  • Complete the attached EFT enrollment Form
  • Attach a voided check or copy of a check only. Deposit slips are
    not acceptable.
  • Return the documents to us at the address provided on the form

Q:  How do I cancel direct deposit?

Send us a written request, at the address listed above, Attn:  Royalty Relations or via email or fax.

Q: Frequent questions regarding revenue checks:

  1. What is the purpose of my “Owner/Payee Number”?

You have been assigned an exclusive owner/payee number to distinguish you from EXCO’s other interest owners. When communicating with EXCO, please include your owner/payee number.

  1. What should I do if my check is lost, stolen or not received

A. Please allow 20 business days to receive your check before contacting us.
B. Contact the EXCO Royalty Relations Department at the address, email or phone number provided above.
C. The request to reissue a check requires written notification that includes:
• Your Name
• Your Owner/Payee Number
• Date of check in question
• Check Number
• Reason for request
• Last 4 Digits of SSN
• Your Signature
D. If the check has not been cashed, we will reissue the check on our next revenue check write.

  1. What will be the amount of my next check?

For security reasons, we no longer provide check detail over the phone before you receive your check. However, since the check detail is made available online at the same time the checks are mailed, you are able to view the check image on the website before the check arrives in the mail.

  1. What is Minimum Pay?

Many states have passed laws that allow producers to accumulate royalty obligations up to specified amounts before making payment to owners. EXCO Resources, Inc. will accumulate funds until they reach $100 before a check is issued.

  1. What is Annual Pay?

Annually, EXCO Resources, Inc. will issue funds to owners that have not reached the accumulated pay level of $100. If you have less than $100 in your account, a check for that amount will be issued to you each year.

  1. What are “Stale Dated” checks?

Our revenue checks are valid for 120 days after the date of issue.  If you do not deposit your check within 120 days then the check is considered stale dated and the bank will not honor the check. Please return the check to our office, at the address above, ATTN: Royalty Relations with a letter including your name, owner/payee number and daytime phone number. We will take the necessary steps to include the stale dated amount on your next revenue check.

  1. Will I receive a 1099 every year?

Royalty owners who receive $10.00 or more and working interest owners who receive $600.00 or more in a calendar year will receive a 1099 postmarked by January 31st of the following year. The income reported to the IRS is your gross income before taxes or other deductions. The 1099 will also list any state or US withholding amounts deducted from your revenue checks. You may also access your 1099 information by clicking the 1099/Tax Forms.

Q: What do I do when someone dies?

Oil and gas interests are considered real property and as such are governed by the law of the state in which the land is located. You should notify us in writing of the interest owner’s death and include a copy of the death certificate and a copy of the will. We will contact you with specific instructions pertaining to your situation.

Q: How do I report a change of ownership other than death?

All requests for change in ownership must be submitted in writing, accompanied by a recorded conveyance document and sent to our office, at the address above, ATTN: Division Order. Please include the following information:
• Name of current owner (and owner number if known)
• New owner’s name, address and SSN or TIN
• A copy of the recorded conveyance, assignment or deed
• Daytime phone number with area code for contact person
• Email address, if available